GoToAssist Service Desk Product Video
About GoToAssist Service Desk
GoToAssist was originally released in 2000 as one of the earliest internet-based remote support tools.
Fast forward 17 years and the product has undergone many improvements. It is now owned by LogMeIn. The GoTo family of products include GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting and GoToTraining.
GoToAssist is an easy to use, cloud-based application that helps you manage your IT services. It provides incident, problem, change, release and configuration management, and is used by 250,000 support teams worldwide.
Customers can find help articles written by your team, stored in your own knowledge bank. If the customer can’t find the solution they are looking for they can easily report issues via email or via the branded customer service portal. The portal allows customer to track the status of their request or any comments made about their query.
For the customer service agent, GoToAssist offers customisable dashboard and reports, so they can always be ready to respond, they can attach relevant documents, leave comments, set priorities and assign specialise support agents.
With the integration of GoToAssist’s Remote Support, your IT technicians can remotely access a customer’s computer in a single click with all information about the support visit logged in Service Desk. This enables the service agent to be able to visually see problems and help diagnose a solution in real time, rather than relying on descriptions left in the ticketing system.
When incidents are resolved your customer service agents can take these incidents and record them as FAQ articles and build up your knowledge bank, helping to reduce the number of tickets your customer support team handles.
GoToAssist is very highly rated with most reviewers giving it 4 or 5 stars. Reviewers report it has an easy to use, intuitive interface with no training required. Coupled with the Remote Support function, it offers tech support a quick way to solve problems and keep customers happy. It has been described as a very valuable product for companies that pride themselves on support.
It has also been described as very cost effective given the wealth of features it offers and with employing these features it will save your company time and money on IT costs.
Features & Options of GoToAssist Service Desk
- Ticketing & Incident Management: Quickly log, track and route issues. You can also assign tasks on each record with due dates for your technicians.
- Configuration Management: See how people, machines and locations are related so you can quickly determine what affects what for simple impact assessment.
- Problem Management: Identify underlying issues so you know where to focus your efforts. Document problems, monitor their status and find solutions.
- Knowledge Management: Get staff to share their insights with co-workers and customers in self-help articles that provide a clear and common understanding of your services.
- Change Management: Plan changes and tests to keep development on budget without compromising quality. Get greater control over everything that’s going on.
- Contacts Management: Keep tabs on your two most important assets — customers and staff. Store everyone’s contact details and give your team a customer-centric view of incidents.
- Release Management: Easily manage deployments and schedule outages to avoid release mistakes. If things do go wrong, you can backtrack with ease.
GoToAssist Service Desk Pricing
- Monthly Plan: £24/user per month; full product.
- Annual Plan: £19/user per month.
- 20% discount for Annual Plan (paid yearly in advance).
- 30 day free trial.
Integrations & Add-Ons
GoToAssist Service Desk can be integrated with other related products from Citrix:
- GoToAssist Remote Support – cloud-based service that enables support professionals to resolve their customers’ technical issues using screen sharing, mouse and keyboard control and other tools.
- GoToAssist Seeit – Live camera streaming for service and support professionals.
- GoToAssist Concierge – Instant in-app help from live customer support expert (currently in development).
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.