EKM Product Video
EKM was the first cloud based eCommerce platform in the UK. Started in 2002, they describe themselves as the UK's biggest eCommerce platform. Their long established business means they power over 50,000 shops worldwide.
EKM’s Best Features
As a UK based company there are quite a few benefits for our BusinessKitbag.com community. They have support centres here in the UK with help on hand via the phone, live chat or email so you can be sure you are getting the help you need, instantly.
Another benefit EKM offer over the competition is that once you sign up they assign you an account manager for your first 6 months as part of your subscription. For a newcomer to the eCommerce world, this facility offers massive reassurance and security that your eCommerce site is being set up and marketed in the most optimised way to drive sales.
EKM Account Managers
The account managers offer the following assistance:
- They help you choose the best template/theme for your business.
- Help you create a logo using the inbuilt logo creation tool.
- Assist with adding or importing your products.
- They can register or transfer your chosen domain name.
- They give SEO advice to help you get ranked organically on search engines and also about paid advertising including facebook ads and Pay Per Click with Google Adwords.
- They help set up your payment and delivery methods.
- On hand consultancy advice, whenever you need it.
Another helpful feature EKM have delivered is the ability to share screens with your account manager so they can see exactly what you can, and help you setup your site to maximise your return on investment.
What's included in an EKM subscription?
Some features that EKM offer over their competitors are that their subscriptions have a live chat plugin built in for their customers to have on their websites as research has shown more customers like to use live chat over picking up the phone.
They also provide analytics so you can see in real time how your website is performing and address the areas which need attention, along with a free SSL certificate and domain name, should you not already have one.
Like most other SaaS providers, EKM offers a free trial. Their standard trial is 14 days but using our exclusive link you will get an extended 28 day free trial.
EKM Payment Gateways
EKM have partnered with Klarna as their payment gateway provider. As a subscriber to EKM you don’t need to worry about finding a compatible payment gateway as Klarna’s software is all fully integrated. This means you can get set up with Klarna, approved in no time, enabling you to start selling sooner.
Klarna are a Scandinavian company and a modern alternative to Worldpay or SagePay with their aim being to make the checkout process as slick as possible for the purchaser, removing friction to maximise sales. This is especially true across mobile devices which are becoming more present in eCommerce transactions. The settlement period with the merchant is now only 3 days and they offer pay by card, Paypal, Amazon Payments and Pay After Delivery.
There are no transaction fees or additional extras like you have to pay for with some other eCommerce platforms but you are still subject to fees from Klarna or other payment gateway provider (they do integrate with other providers). Payment fees from your payment gateway provider are a standard feature on all eCommerce platforms. It’s hpw they make their money, and to be fair, they do assume all the financial risk of the transaction.
Other useful Info about EKM
EKM have some pricing benefits too. If you sign up for an annual account, you get a discount of 2 free months in those 12. Alternatively you can pay per month with no contract or obligation.
Already with another provider? EKM have in house experts to migrate your existing eCommerce store for free.
The only downside seems to come from disgruntled customers who have been on the £24.99 plan for years and with EKM’s new pricing structure around website turnover, these fees have increased. One to watch out for if you’re planning a business with a hefty turnover (go you!)
IS EKM for me?
EKM is for you if:
- You are UK based.
- New to eCommerce - you get assigned your own account manager to get you started
- Already using an eCommerce platform but want to lose extra fees for themes, analytics, live chat, transaction charges and have local support.
Most Grumbled about:
- New pricing structure. These complaints are exclusively from existing customers who have taken exception to being forced onto a new plan.
Features & Options of EKM
- Design: With the choice of a huge range of eCommerce themes designed with your needs in mind, creating a beautiful shop couldn’t be easier.
- Building: Add your products effortlessly. Upload an image, set a price and add a description with a few clicks.
- Marketing: Your online shop is built with search engines like Google in mind to help you get seen above your competitors.
- Live Chat: Add live chat to your shop in just one click to answer customer questions, start conversations with browsing customers, or view customer activity on your shop.
- Payments: EKM is a complete eCommerce solution with payments included. No extra setup required.
- Orders: Stay organised and manage your customers and orders in one place.
- Hosting: EKM is run on its own secure servers so you can have peace of mind knowing your shop will always be online.
- Support: Our UK-based support team is available to answer your questions and solve your problems via phone, email or chat.
- Startup: £24.99/month; All eCommerce features, Account Manager, to £50k sales.
- Growing: £49.99/month; priority support, to £150k sales.
- Established: £149.99/month; eCommerce Consultant, 24/7 emergency support, to £1m sales.
- 14 day free trial + 6 month money back guarantee.
- Extended 28 day trial with our exclusive link.
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.