Alison Product Video
The courses on Alison are free to enrol, access study materials, and complete assessments. Access to learner records to prove completion of courses is also free. Fees are payable for formal certificates, and for premium memberships to remove advertisements.
Alison is considered to be a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) provider. Its online courses are open to anyone, anywhere, with unlimited student numbers. According to the company, Alison has had over 10 million learners enrol for its courses since starting in 2007. "Alison" is an acronym for "Advanced Learning Interactive Systems Online".
Over 800 courses are offered at both Certificate and Diploma level. All course material and assessments are provided online through Alison's website. After completing a course, students may take and re-take an assessment when they choose. An 80% score is required to pass assessments.
Certificate courses typically take between 2-3 hours total study to complete, whilst Diploma courses require 10-15 hours commitment. All courses are self-paced, so that the student can take as much time as they require to complete each course. Courses consists of a number of modules, each of which is usually divided into topics.
Most courses offer an optional Certificate of Achievement document on successful completion, for a fee. This comes as either a PDF download, or printed on parchment (framed or unframed) and delivered by registered post. Pricing varies by course.
Learning paths are recommended combinations of courses which have been curated by Alison's educational experts. They are intended to help students achieve a particular goal, and are designated at three different levels of difficulty:
- Broaden your skillset - Study a combination of subjects to help you grow professionally in your chosen field.
- Progress your knowledge - Focus on a particular discipline - get skills and expertise that set you apart.
- Master a subject - Start a new speciality from scratch and progress through to advanced level.
Features & Options of Alison
- Over 800 Certificate and Diploma courses are on offer on the Alison platform.
A sample of the 65+ Learning Paths available to e-learning students:
- Business and Management Skills
- Business Process Systems
- C Programming
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Computer Networking and Security
- Customer Service
- E-Business and E-Commerce
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- General Finance
- Global Health Issues
- Hospitality and Food Safety
- Hospitality Management
- Law and the Judicial System
- Manufacturing Processes
- Mental Health
- Occupational Hygiene
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Six Sigma in Quality
- Supply Chains and Procurement
- Teaching Skills
- Tourism Studies
- Web Programming
- All courses are free.
- Certificate Courses: Digital Certificate €21, Parchment €27, Framed Parchment €37.
- Diploma Courses: Parchment €96, Framed Parchment €115.
- Learning Path: Parchment €60, Framed Parchment €90.
Premium Memberships – Ad Removal
- Courses Only: €30/year.
- Entire Website: €75/year.
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.