Coursera Product Video
Features & Options of Coursera
How it Works
- Discover a course and sign up today: Choose from hundreds of courses created by the world’s top educational institutions. Courses are open to anyone, and financial aid is available.
- Learn on your own schedule: Watch short video lectures, take interactive quizzes, complete peer graded assessments, and connect with fellow learners and instructors.
- Achieve your goals: Finish your course and receive formal recognition for your accomplishment with an optional Course Certificate.
Our Approach – The Coursera Experience
It’s simple. We want to help you learn better and faster. That’s why we designed our platform based on proven teaching methods verified by top researchers. Here are 4 key ideas that were influential in shaping our vision:
- Effectiveness of online learning: Online learning plays a significant role in a lifelong education.
- Mastery learning: Based on an approach developed by educational psychologist Benjamin Bloom, Mastery Learning helps learners fully understand a topic before moving onto a more advanced topic.
- Peer assessments: In many courses, the most meaningful assignments cannot be easily graded by a computer. That’s why we use peer assessments, where learners can evaluate and provide feedback on each other’s work.
- Blended learning: Many of our partner institutions are using our online platform to provide their on-campus students with an improved learning experience.
- Arts and Humanities
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Life Sciences
- Math and Logic
- Personal Development
- Physical Science and Engineering
- Social Sciences
- Language Learning
Course Fees: Course fees vary from US$29 to $99.
Certificate Fees: The cost of a verified certificate is displayed in the course information when signing up – most verified certificates cost US$49.
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.