Basecamp Product Video
Basecamp is the father of all online project management software.
It was created in 1999 and is still going strong today with over 100,000 paying customers worldwide. The CTO and CEO are both the company's co-founders and are still running the business, headquartered in Chicago.
Basecamp is a cloud-based project management and collaboration tool which enables all users to be able to work remotely on the same tasks and give managers a company wide view of projects, tasks to ensure they are on track to deliver.
- Company overview
Basecamp offers less functionality than some of it's rivals - for example there is no built-in time tracking and invoicing available.
It is useful for simple project management and is suitable for freelancers or businesses of all sizes.
Benefits of Basecamp Project Management
The benefits of using Basecamp are:
- All files can be worked on collaboratively and saved in one place.
- One flat pricing fee, no charge for extra users or customer access.
- Single thread message boards to keep everyone in the loop.
- You can prioritise and reorder to-dos.
If you need help, Basecamp have solutions. They have a full range of videos in their learning centre and have a library of how to guides. You can also message them via their help form, with quick responses within their operating hours of 8am-6.30pm US CST Monday-Friday.
Features & Options of Basecamp
Basecamp offers a one stop shop for teams to work together and collaborate on projects and have a 360 degree view of what the company is doing as a whole. It reduces the need for meetings with everything being centrally organised. It’s a clear vision for everyone involved meaning staff can know who is assigned to what task and by when it should be completed.
From your home screen there are a number of levels:
- HQ – This is a company wide space for that overall view.
- Teams – This is a dedicated space for individual teams to work together.
- Projects – The individual projects currently on the table.
Inside each of these level are six core tools:
- To-dos – for tracking work.
- Message Board – for posting announcements and updates.
- Campfire – Basecamp’s chat room.
- Schedule – for posting deadlines and milestones.
- Docs and Files – Organises all the documents, images and other assets associated with projects.
- Automatic Check-ins – To get regular updates on the status of to-dos and projects.
Basecamp can eliminate the need for separate team messaging and file storage apps and it offers it all in one place
- Businesses: $99/month or $1,000/year (save 15%). Unlimited users, unlimited projects.
- Teachers & Students: Free.
- Non-profits & Charities: 50% discount.
- 30 day free trial.
Integrations & Add-Ons
- Automation: Automate.io, Zapier, TaskClone, Ziflow, DNS Check.
- Presentation & Visualisation: Ganttify, Easy Insight, Klipfolio, MangoBoard, eazyBI, Workstack.
- Customer Support: SupportBee, Usersnap.
- Time Tracking & Invoicing: Time Doctor, Hubstaff, PomoDoneApp, MinterApp, Everhour.
- Ticketing & Issue Tracking: TestLodge.
- HR Management: Calamari.
- Task & Project Management: To-do Plate, Salesforce, Work Bins Outlook Plugin.
- Social: mediatrigger.io.
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.