Wrike Product Video
Wrike is an award-winning all in one project management and collaboration software tool created to help teams perform at their very best.
It allows all team members to be aligned on a project whether they are local or were absent for an important meeting. It enables project managers to meet deadlines and ensure customer satisfaction. Arguably by using Wrike the need for meetings is reduced to a minimum as discussions, tasks and reports are all shared through the platform.
The beta version of Wrike was launched in 2006 by Andrew Filev, who is still the company CEO today. Prior to creating Wrike, Filev ran his own software company across multiple countries, employing hundreds of people and found there was a lot of wastage of time and productivity due to people being located remotely to each other and a lack of organisational transparency.
He searched for a solution but found the only options to be too basic and not offering the features he needed. As a software engineer himself he decided to design and build a tool they could implement in their business to create a more efficient workforce. The outcome was Wrike.
Filev realised his new project management and collaboration tool could solve the same problems he was experiencing for millions of other businesses worldwide and so launched the first version of Wrike in 2006.
Since then, Wrike has grown to over 1 million users worldwide with 13,000 companies relying on it to keep their workflows in order. They boast Fortune 100 companies as customers such as Western Union, FitBit and Hootsuite to name a few. The software has been cleverly designed to suit individual freelancers and small business, with some of the more in-depth features only available on their enterprise plan.
So what is Wrike and how can it benefit your business?
Wrike was built to improve the speed and efficiency of teams who work together either remotely or in the same room by having one hub for all project data. It provides transparency of tasks and projects so everyone involved can be aware of exactly how a project is progressing and what milestones have been set and who is responsible for what task.
All important data is displayed in their user friendly three-pane view. Here you can prioritise tasks, communicate with team members and monitor progress through the Real-time activity feed.
Even if you have multiple projects running concurrently, Wrike allows you to keep up on all of your team's contributions to a task or project. It encourages increased engagement from your team and takes productivity to a whole new level. It keeps all documents and communications in one place so no need to look for that email thread or locally saved document. Missed deadlines will be a thing of the past.
What are Wrike’s best features?
Available on all plans are Wrike’s core features. These include: Task Management, File Sharing and their Real-time activity stream.
The features available depend on the plan you subscribe to. With Task Management, using Wrike you can create as many tasks as necessary. Simply drag-and-drop tasks to rank them any way you want.
In the paid for versions, you can create tasks, break down these tasks into subtasks and even individual jobs. Each of these steps can be assigned to a team member who can be tagged or @mention to join the workflow.
The file sharing feature is excellent with all contributors able to make edits to a document and leave comments without the need to upload a new version each time, saving time and lengthy threads.
The real time activity stream is like a social media newsfeed with updates on the latest changes or comments made to any project. A useful, visual way of making sure everyone is on the same track.
Wrike have created native iOS and android apps to allow for collaborators to be able to contribute no matter where they are located and at any time of day. This means no hold up in project delivery.
On the paid-for plans Wrike offer more in depth features such as:
- Interactive dynamic timeline (Gantt Chart): Useful reporting tool to visualise how a project is progressing.
- Advanced Integrations (MS Project, Excel, RSS)
- Shareable dashboards of tasks planned for today, this week, plus overdue tasks across all of your projects. This helps everyone understand what priorities all collaborators have.
- Unlimited collaborators: This enables you to involve contractors, clients and teammates from other departments absolutely for free
- Up to 100GB of storage space and up to 15 GB of video uploads per month
- Two Factor authentication: You can add an extra layer of security, requiring a time sensitive verification code along with a username and password.
- Time Tracking: Track the time spent on a particular task and create time reports for a group of tasks at any given moment. Handy for budgeting and invoicing.
Wrike also integrates with all the most popular B2B apps meaning you can keep using all the tools you love, and Wrike does the rest. Popular integrations are: G Suite, QuickBooks, Office 365, Dropbox, Box, Harvest and Evernote. It’s integration with Zapier means you have access to hundreds of additional apps.
How much does Wrike cost?
How much you will pay each month really depends on the features you require and the number of users you have. It should be noted that all paid for plans are charged per user per month but paid for annually.
Wrike offers a Free Plan for users which has access to a limited number of features. That said, the free version may well be more than enough for small teams or startups who don’t need detailed reports and have 5 users or fewer.
The main features of this plan are:
- Basic Task Management: Simply drag-and-drop tasks to rank them any way you want
- File sharing: Connect all files and documents in one place. Edit and upload the most recent version online without downloading
- Real-time Activity Stream: See all updates in real-time with the Activity Stream. Quickly filter updates and join in the discussion in a familiar social media format
- Spreadsheet view: A useful view for those who are most comfortable working in spreadsheets
- Basic integrations (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, MSFT Office 365, OneDrive and iCal)
- iPhone and Android apps: Mobile apps ensure you never miss an update no matter where you are
- Cloud storage integrations (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive): 2 Gb of storage space
- 5 users who can create and assign tasks.
- 5GB of storage space,
The Professional Plan starts from $9.80/user/month. For this price you have all the features of the Free plan but also:
- Task & Subtask Management
- Dynamic timeline (Gantt Chart)
- Advanced Integrations (MS Project, Excel, RSS)
- Shareable dashboards
- Unlimited collaborators
- From 5GB of storage space
- From 15GB of video uploads per month
- From 5 to 15 users/month
The Business Plan starts from $24.90/user/month and gives you access to all the features in the Free and Professional plans plus:
- Custom fields & workflows: The ability to track anything related to your work. Customize workflow stages to fit your process.
- Shared real-time reports with scheduled notifications: The powerful and easy-to-use report builder lets you visualize and share project status. Subscribe to scheduled notifications to stay on track with regular report updates and reviews.
- Report templates: Use templates to create reports in seconds. Edit or build reports from scratch using additional filters and groupings. Select column, bar or table charts.
- Graphical analytics: View compelling charts and graphs about any project, folder or tag, and add them to your dashboard. Compare baseline plans to current status. Include column or bar charts in reports.
- Resource management: Allocate people to tasks and projects, resolve schedule conflicts, and reorganize assignments with just a few clicks.
- Request forms: Requests provide the structure and control you need for work intake so you get the right information from the start.
- Time tracking: Track the time spent on a particular task and create time reports for a group of tasks at any given moment.
- User groups & permissions: Group your team members (e.g. accounting, marketing, design etc.) for easier user management and control while advanced privacy settings allow you to control team activity.
- Salesforce integration
- Branded workspace: Align the look and feel of your Wrike workspace by replacing the Wrike logo with your own.
- From 50 GB of storage space
- From 15 GB of video uploads per month
- From 5 to 200 users/month
Wrike offer a specific set of tools for marketing and creative teams. The Wrike for Marketers plan starts at $34.60/user/month. It includes all the features from the Free, Professional and Business plans plus:
- Video proofing (Images, Video, & Documents)
- Review & approval of digital images, PDF documents, and videos. Get clear and actionable feedback to ensure only the right version makes it out the door.
- Adobe® Creative Cloud® Extension: Keep your designers connected to their work within the tools they love.
- Proofing & Approval: Designed for all teams to keep productivity flowing with faster review & approval of digital images, videos, and documents. Clear and actionable feedback ensures only the right version makes it out the door. - This extra feature is sold usually as an add-on for the other plans for $9.80/user/month but is included in the subscription price of this plan.
- From 5 - unlimited users
Should you wish to trial some of the features not available on the Free plan, Wrike offer a 14 day free trial so you can really get a feel as to whether the software is a fit with your business and solves your workflow problems.
Wrike Support Options
Wrike look after their customers and make sure you have help when you need it. You can contact them via phone, email or live chat. Just like their product, their customer service too has been awarded for excellence. Phone support is available in the UK and they have a useful knowledge base of articles accessible in their help section.
Wrike User Reviews
Wrike is the highest rated project management and collaboration software tool on the market. Users rave about its features and how being able to work together, even though they are set geographically apart has transformed their business.
Also commented on is how easy the subtasks and project folders are to navigate and organise meaning across company transparency is achieved. The drag and drop functions are intuitive and make organising workflows a breeze.
Other pros are:
- There are different reporting types to meet all needs.
- If a timeline is changed on one task or project, it automatically applies the change to the rest of the connected tasks.
- Loads of helpful resources via the knowledge base and user community.
It is worth noting that Wrike is project oriented so if you don’t do a lot of project based work you might be better off with a todolist style task manager.
In summary Wrike is an outstanding project management and collaboration software product. If your business needs to share projects and collaborate you need look no further for a solution. It is widely acclaimed by review sites and users combined.
Features & Options of Wrike
- Create: Organise everything you need to complete your project in one spot – core building blocks of work, request forms, live editing & file management.
- Plan: Deliver more reliable results and utilise resources more effectively – timeline (Gantt-Chart), resource management, templates, time & budget tracking.
- Collaborate: Increase productivity and execute faster across distributed teams – team member communication, personal dashboard, proofing & approval, live activity stream, mobile access, email & calendar synchronisation.
- Reporting: The visibility you need to make more informed decisions in real-time – project & teams reporting.
- Customise: Flexibility to fit how your teams work today and to grow with their needs – status & workflows, custom fields, user groups, dashboards, integrations.
- Security: Enterprise class security & IT controls provide peace of mind – strong authentication, role-based access control, data centre security, data protection.
- Support: Expert support and consulting services ensure teams are set up for success – 24/7 phone, email, chat; full support of 7 languages.
- Free: 5 users; A simple, shared task list for small teams.
- Professional: US$9.80/user per month. Project planning and collaboration.
- Business: $24.80/user per month. Robust work management with customisation and exec reporting.
- Marketers: $34.60/user per month. Tailor-made solution for marketing and creative teams.
- Enterprise: $POA. Comprehensive work management with advanced security and admin controls.
Note: All subscriptions are payable annually.
- Free trial on Professional, Business and Enterprise plans.
- Proofing & Approval add-on – $9.80/user per month.
Integrations & Add-Ons
Wrike integrations with 35+ external applications and services, including:
JIRA, G Suite, Wrike Everywhere (Chrome extension), Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, Box, MS Project, MS Excel, SAML, Salesforce, iCal, Evernote, Zapier, Wufoo, HipChat, WordPress, Slack, Zendesk, Hubspot, QuickBooks, LinkedIn, Marketo, ProofHQ, Harvest, SurveyMonkey, MS OneDrive, Microsoft 365, Okta, Bitium.
The rating score is a weighted average of ratings from these respected sources.